Niagara Community Church
Statement of Faith
- Section 1.
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as verbally inspired of God and inerrant in the original writing and that they are supreme and final authority in faith and life.II Peter 1:21; II Timothy 3:16,17
- Section 2.
- We believe in One God eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.Genesis 1:1; John 10:30; Matthew 28:18-20
- Section 3.
- We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of Mary while she was still a virgin and that He is true God and true man.Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23; Colossians 2:9
- Section 4.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature; and that those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in word and thought and deed.Genesis 1:27; Romans 3:23; Romans 6:23; I Corinthians 15:21,22; Romans 5:12
- Section 5.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.Acts 13:38-39; Romans 4:5-25; Galatians 2:16; I Corinthians 15:3
- Section 6.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His Ascension into heaven, and in His present life there for us as High Priest and Advocate.Luke 24:1-53; Acts 2:32; Hebrews 7:25; I John 2:1
- Section 7.
- We believe in the Blessed Hope, which is the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.Jude 1:1-25; Revelation 19:11-21
- Section 8.
- We believe that all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit; and thereby become children of God, indwelled and sealed by the Holy Spirit, and preserved unto the day of redemption.John 3:5; John 10:28; I Peter 1:23; Romans 8:35-39
- Section 9.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and in the conscious everlasting punishment of the lost.John 5:28,29; Revelation 20:4,5
- Section 10.
- We believe that all the saved are called into a life of separation from all worldly and sinful practices and are under obligation to all the world by life and word to the truth and proclamation of the Gospel.Romans 12:1,2; II Corinthians 5:14-21; Acts 1:8
In subscribing to this STATEMENT OF FAITH, we by no means set aside, or undervalue, any of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, but believe all to be God's own written word given to us through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit.
The knowledge and belief of the truth as stated in the statement of faith we deem necessary to sound doctrine and therefore requisite for Christian fellowship.